Harm of Preservatives
Food preservatives are commonplace in our overprocessed society who constantly swaps out health for convenience. With overwhelming scientific studies and results that have come out over the years, it is important to stay educated on the various kinds of preservatives and their impact on health.
- Aspartame: Found in most diet or sugar-free food products, aspartame is believed to be carcinogenic and a neurotoxin. It is known to affect short-term memory and is a contributing factor for many diseases and mental illnesses.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup: This commonly used artificial sweetener packs 4 calories per gram and a can of cola contains 26g of it. It was found that it contributes to bad cholesterol levels, risk of diabetes and also tissue damage.
- Trans-Fats: Generally found in the form of hydrogenated oils, it increases your bad cholesterol while decreases your good cholesterol levels. It gives rise to a variety of health problems such as heart attack, stroke and diabetes.
- Food Dyes: There is a myriad of different health risks in relation to different food dyes found in different food products. Some common ones like Blue #1 & #2 (E133) cause chromosomal damage, Yellow #6 (E110) & Yellow Tartrazine (E102) cause kidney and adrenal gland tumors.
- Sulfites: Commonly used in dried fruits and deli meats, sulfites are highly carcinogenic and enter the bloodstream to wreak havoc on the liver and pancreas.
As a brand that prioritises and combines both health and convenience, we believe in keeping NutriWell preservative free. NutriWell products are freshly brewed using natural ingredients and pasteurised in order to get rid of all remaining bacteria.